City of Charlottesville, VA Fire
|Chapter:||IV - General Administration|
|Subject:||Executive Secretary's Office Policy|
To establish policy and guidelines for the operation of the Executive Secretary's office.
A. The Executive Secretary's office shall remain locked after business hours (5:00 p.m.) and on holidays and weekends.
B. Supplies shall be issued by the Executive Secretary and a record shall be kept of each transaction.
C. The mail boxes in the Executive Secretary's office shall be used for intra-departmental communications.
1. All personnel shall have access to the mail boxes for the purpose of passing along information.
2. Only Chief Officers, Staff Officers, and Officers- In-Charge may remove mail and/or other communications left in the boxes.
3. The Officers-In-Charge shall be responsible for the distribution of the contents of their mail box.
D. The copying machine (located upstairs) shall remain unlocked for the convenience of each shift.
1. Once checked out on the copying machine by the Executive Secretary, any individual may use the machine.
2. The Executive Secretary shall be promptly notified of any problems with the copying machine.
E. The Fire Chief's office shall remain locked after 1700 hours on weekdays and at all times on holidays and weekends.
F. The phones in the Executive Secretary's office are not for general use but for the Secretary's business use only.
G. Monday thru Friday, all staff offices shall be cleaned at the same time all other morning station clean-up duties are done. If the offices are not unlocked by 0800 hours, the cleaning shall be done as soon as the offices are open.
Go BACK to Book One Contents page.
For Help using this system, send e-mail to: