City of Charlottesville, VA Fire
|Chapter:||IV - General Administration|
To establish guidelines relative to Fire Department issued coveralls.
Department issued coveralls may be worn when performing various Fire Department related functions.
A. Coveralls, as issued, may be worn only under the following conditions:
1. Assisting the Fire Department Mechanic.
2. When working on in-house construction projects.
3. Cleaning apparatus or light vehicles.
4. Testing apparatus.
5. Removing snow or ice from around the fire stations.
6. Attaching or removing chains from apparatus and light vehicles.
7. Painting or waxing.
8. Fire hydrant inspection details.
9. While cutting grass at fire stations.
B. Coveralls are to be used as a protectorate of, not a substitute for, the Class B uniform.
C. Coveralls are not considered to part of the Class B uniform issue.
D. Coveralls are designed to be worn over the Class B uniform.
E. Coveralls may not be worn when performing the following functions:
1. When escorting visitors around the fire stations.
2. When coming to or leaving from one's duty station.
3. When observing free time around the fire stations.
4. When off duty.
The maintenance and cleanliness of the coveralls will be the responsibility of the individual to whom the coveralls were issued.
Go BACK to Book One Contents page.
For Help using this system, send e-mail to: